Re: how to install kernel source 2.6.8

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:31:38 -0800
Mike McClain <mike.junk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've a mostly etch system and wanted to try the 2.6 kernel.

root@/deb40a:~> apt-get update
root@/deb40a:~> grep "Package: kernel-source" /var/lib/dpkg/available
Package: kernel-source-2.4.27
Package: kernel-source-2.2.25
Package: kernel-source-2.6.8

root@/deb40a:~> apt-get install kernel-source-2.6.8
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package kernel-source-2.6.8 is not available,
but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package kernel-source-2.6.8 has no installation candidate

Try grepping 'linux-source'; the nomenclature has changed.

Celejar

  • Re: Sources.list Question
    ... updating the package list. ... Repeat if you need to upgrade just that package, either by install it ... I need to upgrade Opendkim version 2.0.1 but squeeze repository remains ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: apt pinning confusion
    ... Pin: release o=Debian, a=experimental ... subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ... downgrade of the package ...
    (Debian-User)
  • FW: changing roots on: dpkg -i
    ... >> build my own package? ... plus the ~official Debian ... > hard problem that's not real high on the dpkg feature list. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: kernel, udev, hal problems
    ... > Reading Package Lists... ... > Building Dependency Tree... ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fsck on ext3, lost files
    ... nautilus, lde, find with file. ... When a file is deleted, the data remains on disk. ... The "testdisk" package, I have already mentioned contains a tool called ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)