Fedora guy byebyes Debian

Well, a fun time (one week), sweating it up to make my ATI and Wifi work
in Lenny AMD64 but nothing. With old fedora wifi works from the live cd
and ATI with the update. No need even to try it with my dell or my
Aspireone. So byebye Debian.

I found on lenny many of the bugs and troubles found in Fedora 8 and 9,
which all today are old history. Why losing time? Cant' understand.
Lenny is a nice white-haired rookie (altough older than fedora), apt is
nice, directory structures and config files are better than fedora, but
I hardly find Debian a stable distro. Pulling her to further limits
causes a quick breakage. I find hard fedora reporting a segfault, like
lenny gave yestarday on networks-admin gui. Why the battery indicator
suddenly dissapeared, being the panel thingy active? Why it takes so
long to boot -sometimes-?

Farewell, debian. Thanks everybody.
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962

  • Re: Fedora guy byebyes Debian
    ... my ati works out of the box with debian. ... Lenny is a nice white-haired rookie (altough older than fedora), ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Fedora guy byebyes Debian
    ... I found on lenny many of the bugs and troubles found in Fedora 8 and 9, ... We should take these messages and put the individual pieces like "ATI and WiFi don't seem to work on Lenny AMD64 on Dell or Aspireone" on the TODO list and ask the guy for more details, so someone can file a complete bug report. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Fedora guy byebyes Debian
    ... I found on lenny many of the bugs and troubles found in Fedora 8 and 9, ... I hardly find Debian a stable distro. ... ATI drivers are in the non-free repositories of Debian. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: What can I run on Stable?
    ... This works fine in Lenny. ... In discussing this at length on this list, the Fedora forums, and the OpenSuse ... It is not clear from that web site that it is possible to install 3.1.1.4 on ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Fedora guy byebyes Debian
    ... So byebye Debian. ... Lenny is a nice white-haired rookie (altough older than fedora), ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)