Re: package management begins to annoy me
- From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:28:13 -0600
On Thursday 26 February 2009 16:34:38 Ron Johnson wrote:
On 02/26/2009 03:20 PM, Urs Thuermann wrote:
So, am I doing something completely wrong here?
Yes, you're using aptitude. Return to the apt* which God intended
us to use: apt-get.
Ignore Ron. Aptitude has been the recommended (by DDs) package manager
since Etch was released. It has better dependency resolution, is more user-
friendly, and is a bit more tunable.
That is, unless you are trying to script the package manager. In that case
I think apt-get or libapt are better choices.
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))
ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
- Prev by Date: Re: [OT I think] Which Distro?
- Next by Date: Re: package management begins to annoy me
- Previous by thread: Re: package management begins to annoy me
- Next by thread: Re: package management begins to annoy me