Re: package management begins to annoy me
- From: "H.S." <hs.samix@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:54:40 -0500
Ron Johnson wrote:
Yes, you're using aptitude. Return to the apt* which God intended us to
Whaa?!??! Wait a sec. This just an unsubstantiated claim.
Since I learned about aptitude (a few years ago?), I have been using it
consistently. It gives more information than apt-get and, as this poster
implied, has not misbehaved at all as compared to apt-get. So, as Boyd
has suggested, ignore this poster on this.
To the OP: you are probably doing something wrong with your sources.list
(did you ever change it after installation?). It would be a good
starting point to see what are its contents and if there is anything
fishy over there.
Once that is done, I would post here what aptitude shows you it wants to
do and ask if there anything amiss.
Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
ever having been read.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: package management begins to annoy me
- Next by Date: Re: How to protect an encrypted file system for off-line attack?
- Previous by thread: Re: package management begins to annoy me
- Next by thread: Re: package management begins to annoy me