Re: package management begins to annoy me

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 05:31:29PM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Thursday 26 February 2009 16:58:25 Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
Use aptitude in full-screen mode so you can see what is happening.

I do this a lot and find it helpful--particularly when resolving dependency
conflicts.

Still the CUI is no substitute for knowing how to use the aptitude command-
line options well.

And indeed the FM in this case is in a somewhat unpredictable place:

/usr/share/aptitude/README

(I don't have any aptitude-doc package installed, and hence the
reference from the man page is not helpful to me)

--
Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir@xxxxxxxxxx | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's

  • Re: getting gnome out of xfce4 in debian
    ... think of is to reinstall using the Debian xfce4 iso and add the gnome ... As Doug would say, start Aptitude ... Registered Linux User #454138 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Apt-Get or Aptitude
    ... aptitude are the lack of "source" functionality and my inability to spell ... The best reason, to me, to change, is the CUI. ... recommends and suggests for each package. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: package management begins to annoy me
    ... Yes, you're using aptitude. ... It gives more information than apt-get and, as this poster ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How can I refresh Etch completely?