Re: package management begins to annoy me
- From: Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:42:44 +0000
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 05:31:29PM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Thursday 26 February 2009 16:58:25 Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
Use aptitude in full-screen mode so you can see what is happening.
I do this a lot and find it helpful--particularly when resolving dependency
Still the CUI is no substitute for knowing how to use the aptitude command-
line options well.
And indeed the FM in this case is in a somewhat unpredictable place:
(I don't have any aptitude-doc package installed, and hence the
reference from the man page is not helpful to me)
Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir@xxxxxxxxxx | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Can one install "lenny" from live cd's ?
- Next by Date: Re: Linux desktop without mouse acceleration. Is it possible?
- Previous by thread: Re: package management begins to annoy me
- Next by thread: Re: package management begins to annoy me