Re: Old PHP on new Debian

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Andrew Malcolmson <andmalc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Stephan <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Install the version of Debian you'd like (Lenny I assume, unless you're
looking for unstable or volatile versions) then

aptitude remove php5

then install the version of php you want.

Pet wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to install newest version of Debian available, but with one
of older releases of PHP (5.1.6). Is it possible? How can I accomplish
this?

I believe this version would have been released under Sarge.
Searching packages.debian.org doesn't help as it doesn't search back
further than 'oldstable' or Etch.

I see my mirror no longer provides Sarge package lists.

Maybe the OP should download this older version from the PHP site and
unpack to /usr/local.

I've installed Lenny without PHP and then compiled the needed version
from sources.

  • Re: phpmyadmin
    ... I just don't really understand what is going on as the same server will serve up other php pages, but phpmyadmin seems only able to serve html pages. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: phpmyadmin
    ... I just don't really understand what is going on as the same server will serve up other php pages, but phpmyadmin seems only able to serve html pages. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fwd: Re: [PHP-DB] Help getting php up and running
    ... installed and running then tried to install Acid/Base for Snort. ... but then I lost php support. ... Powered by Debian Linux - ... To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: [PHP] Xampp question, pretty much 0T
    ... I suggest you look into VMWare. ... versions (player, server, etc) if you don't want Workstation (which I ... [PHP] Xampp question, pretty much 0T ... recommended it to me when I asked for an easy install of AMP. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Trouble getting PHP to use MySQL
    ... put a copy of libmysql.dll in the Windows/System32 folder. ... Now, when I look at the PHPInfo.php page, it does show MySQL as ... It shouldn't be a problem as long as it matches your PHP version ... And WAMP is ok for someone who doesn't understand how to install ...
    (comp.lang.php)