Re: Old PHP on new Debian

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Andrew Malcolmson <andmalc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Stephan <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Install the version of Debian you'd like (Lenny I assume, unless you're
looking for unstable or volatile versions) then

aptitude remove php5

then install the version of php you want.

Pet wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to install newest version of Debian available, but with one
of older releases of PHP (5.1.6). Is it possible? How can I accomplish
this?

I believe this version would have been released under Sarge.
Searching packages.debian.org doesn't help as it doesn't search back
further than 'oldstable' or Etch.

I see my mirror no longer provides Sarge package lists.

Maybe the OP should download this older version from the PHP site and
unpack to /usr/local.

I've installed Lenny without PHP and then compiled the needed version
from sources.