Re: Bash Script for Mail sending Check

Hi,

Even I am in the same opinion as Tapani. `nc` or `nmap` actually shows
only whether the port is open or not. But what I need is to check if an
SMTP server is listening in that port. So I guess the best tool is
telnet and to check 220 status.

I don't think that I'll have to use KILL as there won't be any firewall
block in between two machines. `nc` is a wonderful tool and with -w
option works perfect. But I think I ll go with `telnet`.

Regards,

Kurian Thayil.