lenny and raid 1 with adaptec 1220 SATA

Hi,

I have a 2 1TB SATA hardisk configuration with an Adaptec 1220SA controller. I created a healthy RAID 1 array and now I want to install a lenny distribution on it. Now my first question is, in the debian installer I see two drives /sda and /sdb instead of only one. Now how to partition these disks?

I am aware that this controller only supports "hostraid" that is some kind of software raid. Can anybody give me some hints how to get this raid array under debian to work?

Regards

Pete

  • Re: Need to setup RAID in new hardware upgrade SBS2003
    ... I already moved the system to a new motherboard with an embedded Intel RAID ... controller a couple of months ago. ... did try but couldn't without wiping the drives first. ... install of the OS to get the RAID on the new board based on the Intel RAID ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problem with Raid Array persistence across reboots.
    ... I recently set up a Sarge box, with raid and LVM. ... 0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. Server Memory Controller Hub ... Install base system: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Installing Adaptec 1420SA SATA RAID controller
    ... neither disk nor RAID array. ... What about returning the Adaptec controller and replacing it with some ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Advice on RAID crash
    ... the cascade effect eventually brought the whole array down. ... While the controller does "mask" things to some degree ... ... You should be able to plug in one of Adaptec's newer RAID controllers and have it natively pickup the existing array configuration on the existing drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant install XP Raid5/ P5B-E
    ... Would it be an advantage to use a controller card instead of the ... press to enter the Intel RAID screen ... Now, install Windows, and use F6 to install a RAID driver. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)