Re: python-moinmoin and fckeditor

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 03:48:32 -0700, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
The README.Debian says that FCKeditor has been disabled, but that it can
be "reinstated." However, I've installed the Debian-maintained fckeditor
package, but can't figure out what I need to do to integrate it with
moinmoin. I've looked at both the moinmoin and fckeditor sites, and
can't find anything that explains how to get things working with this
particular Debianization.

This works for me for the current Sid versions of python-moinmoin and
fckeditor:

1) /etc/apache2/sites-available/$WIKISITE has this alias definition:

Alias /moin_static182/applets/FCKeditor/ "/usr/share/fckeditor/"

It is important that this alias is given before the one that sets
/moin_static182/ to /usr/share/moin/htdocs/. On Lenny you will
probably have to use "moin_static171" instead of "...182".

2) The two directives

editor_force = True
editor_default = 'text'

are commented out in /etc/moin/mywiki.py (or whatever you call the
file that defines your wiki). It could be that older versions of
pyhton-moinmoin require to set "editor_force = False" explicitly.

3) Apache has to be restarted after make any changes to these files.

Florian |