Re: bug #350639

Javier Barroso wrote:
Hi,
On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Freddy Freeloader <fredddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like to point this bug out as it has been around now for 3 1/2 months
with no official resolution. What's worse is that this bug was caused by
the Debian gnome-volume-manager maintainer. Nobody else is responsible for
it. He disabled automount when he compiled the gnome-volume-manager
package.
It seems resolved in unstable,

I think maintainer forgot about dup (linking) these bugs.

They are working in transition to gnome 2.26, so we should have patient.
Ummm.... It took me approximately 5 minutes to download the source, make the changes in debian-rules, and compile a new package. I can count on one hand the number of Debian package I have created, so, it can't take any longer for an experienced developer to do the same thing than it did for me.

I also think that waiting 3 1/2 months for a 5 minute fix before complaining is being patient.
Regards,

  • Re: When bug fixes are applied on stable ?
    ... This bug is marked as Fixed, because it does not appear in gdm-3.8.3-1 ... The Debian BTS is designed around the ... Most package maintainers would like their packages to be ... easier than pushing something through stable-proposed-updates. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: When bug fixes are applied on stable ?
    ... This bug is marked as Fixed, because it does not appear in gdm-3.8.3-1 ... The Debian BTS is designed around the ... Most package maintainers would like their packages to be ... easier than pushing something through stable-proposed-updates. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: When bug fixes are applied on stable ?
    ... find bug fixes because they are never applied to my version. ... Debian better, you can consider to switch to the testing. ... So if I made the patch myself and create a new Debian package et is ... echo ssh root@$LAN$IP apt-get install some_package ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: debian dhcpd, old format string bug
    ... >> Debian dhcpd package. ... good etiquette would have been for you to actually report the bug ... the etiquette I need, but thanks for the moral support. ... > package you referred to is 2.0pl5. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: [Ada in Debian] GtkAda and GNAT versions
    ... This is a bug in the package gnat-3.4; ... this is intended (that gtkada can only be used with 3.15p at debian). ...
    (comp.lang.ada)