Re: Operating system-level virtualization: how to make it?

Hello,

On 22-05-2009, Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good day.

How I can organize a Operating system-level virtualization on a server
for every service I would isolate?

Thank You for Your time.

Use a chroot (standard) or a vserver (search for vserver in debian
archives there is a kernel version and two packages for userland tools).

vserver is more flexible and allow you to assign IP address et al.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall

  • [SOLVED] Re: Font Webkeepass vserver
    ... Resolved after a dpkg-reconfigure locale AND a vserver restart. ... Everything works fine when I use webkeepass on the main server, ... Is just this web-based application that renders accents ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Process starts even though I stop it
    ... I'm running sarge. ... I've installed tinyproxy in a vserver. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Operating system-level virtualization: how to make it?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: trying to restrict exim smtp to specific IP
    ... On Qui, 21 Jan 2010, Adam Hardy wrote: ... that's what the sysop said: ... All services in your vserver *must* be bound to the 10.153.118.230 IP address. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Which virtualization is the best for Debian?