Re: What hardware to use for Debian Firewall/Gateway or server?

Jan Willem Stumpel <jstumpel@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Csanyi Pal wrote:

What is the recommended new hardware for firewall/gateway or
for a web, mail, file & printer server at a small home network?

Any advices will be appreciated!

I am now using a "Bubba 2", made by a Swedish company:

http://excito.com/bubba/products/about-bubba.html

It runs Debian. More expensive, of course, than using an old
desktop or laptop computer (but the price is going down all the
time, now 212 euros for a unit with 500 GB hard disk), but it uses
"almost no" electricity, and it is silent (fanless). Very suitable
for 24/7 operation. I am very happy with it.

Regards, Jan

It's very nice but can one install on it say a Debian GNU/Linux Lenny?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi

  • Re: What hardware to use for Debian Firewall/Gateway or server?
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: All-in-one box
    ... Usenet and freebsd-* ... users were also saying that DFE-570 is even better, ... I've made a router/firewall/server for home network out of ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: setting up a network printer
    ... If it's on a home network you may need ... College of Asia and the Pacific ... School of Culture, History and Language ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Securing debian box
    ... I have a Debian box on my home network (currently running Sarge, ... Oh, and when this is all OK, I'll set up port forwarding on my firewall ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze - Howto?