disk spins up immediately after noflushd spins it down
- From: "H.S." <hs.samix@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 19:38:03 -0400
I have two hard disks (IDE) on my Testing machine. The main one that I
use is hda. I have some partitions on hdb. I use noflushd to spin hdb
down when it is not in use. However, I have noticed recently that the
disk spins up immediately after noflushd spins it down. I see these in
ay 28 19:33:06 red noflushd: Spinning down /dev/hdb.
May 28 19:33:13 red noflushd: Spinning up /dev/hdb after 0 minutes.
hdb partitions are mounted thus:
$> mount | grep hdb
/dev/hdb3 on /mnt/snapshot type ext3 (ro)
/dev/hdb5 on /mnt/homedisk5 type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hdb4 on /media/disk2 type ext3 (rw)
I have this in /etc/default/noflushd
PARAMS="-n 30 /dev/hdb -v"
How do I find out why does hdb not remain spun down? It used to work
okay till I think several weeks ago; not sure when the behavior actually
Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
ever having been read.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )
- Next by Date: Hard lock from the very start, almost
- Previous by thread: System suspend to ram when booting or trying to resume
- Next by thread: Re: disk spins up immediately after noflushd spins it down