Re: Understanding my SMART errors

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:50:29 -0500
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could be cabling or some other component between the kernel and the HD, but
most likely this is the sign of a failing drive.

Jun 9 15:12:29 lizzie smartd[3474]: Device: /dev/hda, ATA error count
increased from 12 to 17
Jun 10 14:09:30 lizzie smartd[3474]: Device: /dev/hda, ATA error count
increased from 28 to 34

Is this drive going?

Most likely, yes. Although, it might not completely fail for quite a while.
It may even be fixable through manufacturer-specific means.

Thanks; I guess I'll start keeping my eyes open for a replacement.

Celejar

  • Re: phpmyadmin
    ... I just don't really understand what is going on as the same server will serve up other php pages, but phpmyadmin seems only able to serve html pages. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: _some_ DVDs wont play
    ... the DVD makes xine crash. ... No trouble playing almost all other DVDs. ... A borrowed set of LOTR discs will play on all machines. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The "Oh, No..." error when gdm is trying to start
    ... with the error message that shows a picture of a sad ... and work from there until you correct the problem that makes gnome-shell ... The trouble is before that. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Hosting advice
    ... but I'm not a big fan of GoDaddy. ... offers a Linux OS, preferably Debian, and PostgreSQL or MySQL, again ... May I trouble you good people for suggestions that meet these needs? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problem with kdvi font rendering after sarge-->etch upgrade
    ... I have no trouble opening these doucments on my ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)