Re: Does anyone else consider this a bug?

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 10:00:21PM +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
Nuno Magalhães wrote:
Regardless of mode it should always ask for dhcp/static. Didn't it do
this before?

IIRC, since sarge or etch it tried to automatically detect a dhcp server
and on success would configure the network for dhcp. On failing to
configure the network automatically, it would ask.

(I guess this is a sane default behaviour that is fine for most people.)

IMHO it seems weird to not offer to configure network manually
especially if you know it is going to fail if it tries without asking.

--
Chris.
======

  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Whats the benefit of using superscopes?
    ... A superscope is a collection of individual scopes that can be ... A superscope is actually a collection of individual scopes. ... Place DHCP clients from multiple network IDs on the same ... The superscope will allow the DHCP Server to answer requests from ...
  • <LONG>Re: Question rephrase
    ... >currently only one master NS server, ... become a master NS for that network. ... a computer is brought back into our facility, the first thing security ... so your DHCP server configures itself? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: How to install Debian in such a situation
    ... Install it from network. ... I suppose you already have a dhcp server. ... There's definitely something appealing about sucking an install CD ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)