- From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:49:40 -0500
In <20090617211453.GQ24024@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 07:23:27PM +0300, David Baron wrote:
1. Should I use extents along with the writeback data mode?As for extents, they aren't supported in ext3 anyway. You'd need to
reformat (not upgrade an existing partition) to ext4 to make use of
Not true (last time I checked). You can use tune2fs to turn the 'extents'
feature on and newly created inodes will use them. However, once extents
are used, they cannot be turned off and the file system cannot be mounted by
kernels that don't support ext4.
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))
ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
- Prev by Date: SPAM on the List
- Next by Date: Re: GDM login screen freezes after suspend or hibernate
- Previous by thread: Re: 2.6.30
- Next by thread: Need advice on reinstalling because of iceape printing trouble.