Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

2009/6/22 明? <shi.minjue@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:11 PM,
thveillon.debian<thveillon.debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sebastian Günther wrote:
* 明? (shi.minjue@xxxxxxxxx) [22.06.09 03:18]:
I want to keep the programs in my system all written in c/c++, no
python or perl or any other programming languages, is it possible to
reach it? I removed the 2 packages, python and perl, from my system,
and of cause, I losed my desktop, is it possible to install a desktop
manager without perl and python? which is the proper desktop manager?
thanks

# apt-cache --installed rdepends (perl|python)

should show you which packages depend on perl resp. python. Then you can
decide wether you can live without them.

Sebastian

But aren't "perl" or "python" packages just metapackages acting like
glue for all the others in the section ? I don't know if removing them
will have any effect on the libs already installed.
And doesn't the package configuration system needs python and/or perl
stuff ?
yes, i hate it so much! if i remove python, the whole gnome
environment are removed; if i remove perl, the whole xorg system is
removed. I don't think it's a good design to make python or perl so
bottom, especially for people who do not like python and perl, like
me.

aptitude search ~S~i~s'(perl|python)' returns packages that look pretty
low-level stuff to me, most of which I have never installed manually but
were dragged in as dependencies.

Looks like a strange idea to me to run a "one programming language only"
system, it would hint that there's a "one fits all" language and other
are just for decoration purpose... (Well, some may agree I guess ;-) )
yes, currently, I'm almost a "one programming language only" people, I
can accept the existence of other languages, but I think they should
be optional, not necessory!

Necessary for what?! For you to use a computer? It seems as though
you're being unreasonable (on many fronts), but if you are not fan of
certain software, then don't use it. Don't bitch about how it was
developed. Those folks (eg., gnome, X.org, etc.) produced a product
the way that they did and then offered it to the masses for free.

<cliche>
Beggers can't be choosers.
</cliche>

Your a (self-proclaimed) junior programmer. Either deal with what's
freely available to you while climb the programmer ladder, or develop
it yourself (on paper, I guess).

Tom

Gnu.Linux.(Debian|gNewSense).Gnome.(Mozilla|Gmail|Evolution|Scim|Flashplayer|Codeblocks)
Microsoft.Windows.(Vista|XP).(QQ|Game|Notepad++) Gcc.Gtkmm.Opengl
初?言?寂?,二???寂?,三?喜心寂?,四?出入息寂?....于?欲心、嗔恚心、愚痴心不?、解?,是??上?。