Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

2009/6/22 Osamu Aoki <osamu@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 09:17:18AM +0800, 明覺 wrote:
I want to keep the programs in my system all written in c/c++, no
python or perl or any other programming languages, is it possible to
reach it?

Not yet until you help us writing system commands in C/C++.
I would like this task if I'm able to do it :)

I removed the 2 packages, python and perl, from my system,
and of cause, I losed my desktop, is it possible to install a desktop
manager without perl and python? which is the proper desktop manager?
thanks

Desktop uses many of these. But even update-alternatives command for
bare bone install requires perl. (Debian is relatively free from python
script for its system programs.)

update-alternatives is written in perl. It is part of dpkg. This is as
fundamental as it can get to.

--
Gnu.Linux.(Debian|gNewSense).Gnome.(Mozilla|Gmail|Evolution|Scim|Flashplayer|Codeblocks)
Microsoft.Windows.(Vista|XP).(QQ|Game|Notepad++) Gcc.Gtkmm.Opengl