Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

2009/6/22 Peter Crawford <creature.58@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 09:17:18AM +0800, 明覺 wrote:
I want to keep the programs in my system all written in c/c++, no
python or perl or any other programming languages, is it possible to
reach it?

Eventually you might find DirectFB acceptable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectFB

Lack of XDirectFB in Debian is a limitation for now.
thank you, I think DirectFB is the right direction, while X window is
a strange way for graphic system. I hope I can find a DirectFB
implementation of window system to replace gnome.

regards, p. crawford

Gnu.Linux.(Debian|gNewSense).Gnome.(Mozilla|Gmail|Evolution|Scim|Flashplayer|Codeblocks)
Microsoft.Windows.(Vista|XP).(QQ|Game|Notepad++) Gcc.Gtkmm.Opengl
初禪言語寂滅,二禪覺觀寂滅,三禪喜心寂滅,四禪出入息寂滅....于貪欲心、嗔恚心、愚痴心不樂、解脫,是為無上禪。

  • Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: SUDO
    ... that SDL can use DirectFB. ... Actually I think the problem is that I'm trying to initialize the ... framebuffer from within Screen; Is there any way to pass the permissions ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: DirectFB and X.