Re: any substitute for x window system?

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Douglas A. Tutty<dtutty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:58:22AM +0800, 明覺 wrote:
I'm looking for a pure c/c++ programmed desktop manager, while the
xorg is depandent on perl, so i do not like it, is there any graphics
system which depands only on c/c++ to replace x window system? thanks

I think that you'll find that you need to start writing things from
scratch yourself. Since debian requires perl (e.g for debconf), you'll
be better off with NetBSD. Then, write a program in C that looks at
every non-binary file to see if what language its in.

Can you tolerate shell scripts? If not, you'll have to write a C-based
initscript. This may be easier on BSD since it doesn't use SysVinit.

Take away the ideological furvor. It would be an excellent learning
experience to rewrite, from scratch, everything in NetBSD that is not C.
It would be very hard with Debian since every time you update, you'll
have to do it all over again.
thanks, I got a better choice, the assembly language programmed OS -
MikeOS, I prefer assembly to C/C++.

Enjoy.

Doug.

Gnu.Linux.(Debian|gNewSense).Gnome.(Mozilla|Gmail|Evolution|Scim|Flashplayer|Codeblocks)
Microsoft.Windows.(Vista|XP).(QQ|Game|Notepad++) Gcc.Gtkmm.Opengl
初禪言語寂滅,二禪覺觀寂滅,三禪喜心寂滅,四禪出入息寂滅....于貪欲心、嗔恚心、愚痴心不樂、解脫,是為無上禪。

  • Re: any substitute for x window system?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: any substitute for x window system?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] C++ programming: keeping count of data items read from file
    ... about doing signal processing and pattern recognition with that data? ... matching over large datasets, Perl is the language to use, even over ... compiled languages. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: What controls X?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?