Re: KDE compression options: tar, zip, or rar

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:24:19AM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
KDE gives users three options to compress folders: tar, zip, and rar.
What are the advantages or disadvantages of each? How do I know which
one to use?

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch10.en.html#_archive_and_compression_tools

tar (w/ gzip or bzip2) --> unix free
zip --> dos/windows free
rar --> windows non-free

Please read technicals wikipedia etc.

Osamu

  • Re: KDE compression options: tar, zip, or rar
    ... What are the advantages or disadvantages of each? ... There is no discussion of the relative merits and problems with those ... I did nit even know which features the different ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Time Zone Questions
    ... On 3/21/2014 10:14 PM, John Hasler wrote: ... This is hardly the first time this has been proposed. ... So far the disadvantages have outweighed the advantages. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • KDE compression options: tar, zip, or rar
    ... KDE gives users three options to compress folders: tar, zip, and rar. ... What are the advantages or disadvantages of each? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KDE compression options: tar, zip, or rar
    ... rar. ... What are the advantages or disadvantages of each? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KDE compression options: tar, zip, or rar
    ... rar. ...  What are the advantages or disadvantages of each? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)