Grub2 made my systeum unbootable
- From: Anthony Campbell <ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:39:54 +0100
Rashly, after today's upgrade I followed the exhortation in the grub
legacy package to move to grub2. I now cannot boot at all; I just get
the message "Grub" and nothing more.
Looking at /boot/grub with my rescue disk I see all sorts of files I
don't recognize but no menu.lst.
Is there any way to restore things? Please don't tell me I have to
Anthony Campbell - ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Microsoft-free zone - Using Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.acampbell.org.uk (blog, book reviews,
and sceptical articles)
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: MTA experts: address rewriting depending on next hop
- Next by Date: normal firefox for debian lenny 64bit?
- Previous by thread: Re: fallback smart hosts
- Next by thread: Re: Grub2 made my systeum unbootable