Re: Is it a bug: huge dependency problems of php5 and ikiwiki

(this really isn't Debian-arm specific; please direct follow-ups, if
any, to the debian-user mailinglist)

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 05:11:43PM +0200, Xan wrote:
Hi,

I have a NSLU2 device (armel computer). With Debian 5.0.2 installed.
I cannot use reportbug because exim4 is not configured properly....
but it's not the story.

I have two possible bugs of too much dependencies:

1) When I want to install php5, apt install me apache2 packages. I
think that php5 should depend on www-server not specifically on
apache.

The issue is that php5 depends on "libapache2-mod-php5 |
libapache2-mod-php5filter | php5-cgi"; i.e., it does allow you to do
this, but *by default* will depend on the apache versions.

If you wish to use PHP5 with cherokee, you need to explicitly select
php5-cgi, like so:

apt-get install cherokee php5-cgi

That should fix your problem.

trying to fool the system.

  • Re: [PHP] Question before upgrading to 5
    ... anyway I see you did do a dual apache setup, cool, and got it working properly. ... but it sure is a cool trick if you really need to run php4 sites and php5 sites on one production ... install of apache would allow you to do. ... php in so far as you can also specify a custom prefix to have ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: [PHP] Question before upgrading to 5
    ... you can't load both PHP4 and PHP5 into the same Apache as Modules. ... I was going to install a virtual ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Installing Php5 on Apache2.2 (Freebsd 6.1)
    ... php index files ... automatically returned by Apache to browser when it goes to that url. ... When I do make install, it says that php5 is already installed. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Apache, php?
    ... Or do I have to reinstall apache after php5? ... I install them in the following order. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Any Php5 help for a newb
    ... I'm trying to get MySQL, Apache, and Php5 to play nice together in Windows ... I don't want to install those automatic 'all-in-one' packages because I want ... do I empty the contents of my public_html into htdocs? ...
    (comp.lang.php)