Re: APT configuration file

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Cameron Hutchison<lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just create it with the line you want. No other contents are needed.

The man page for apt.conf(5) describes the syntax of the file and the
configuration parameters used by apt.

Thanks for the quick replies. Yes I will copy the apt.conf from the
examples and modify that, but this doesn't answer the question that
there is no /etc/apt/apt.conf configuration file and yet apt-config
dumps configuration data to the screen that it has read from
somewhere. Where is this "default" configuration data being read from?
This is an up to date Lenny install upgraded directly from etch. Apt
has not been manually configured, so this is the default configuration
that apt was installed with. What is the name of the file that
apt-config reads when there is no /etc/apt/apt.conf file?
Thanks,

--
Paul Lane
KC9EYE

  • Re: [SLE] how to run aptate
    ... for client and server usage. ... And that the RPM options in apt.conf don't seem to be documented at all, is getting on my nerve, too. ... what to do when apt decides not to do an upgrade ... where installation is handled and configuration might be appropriate, but where apt4suse is used and manual configuration of the apt system might not be appropriate; ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: APT configuration file
    ... configuration parameters used by apt. ... dumps configuration data to the screen that it has read from ... untouched Apt on a fresh install, tho' it actually is a fresh install - from ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: APT configuration file
    ... configuration parameters used by apt. ... dumps configuration data to the screen that it has read from ... I haven't used apt-get since aptitude was ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: APT configuration file
    ... configuration parameters used by apt. ... dumps configuration data to the screen that it has read from ... Where is this "default" configuration data being read from? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • apt as a user
    ... I'm trying to allow an apt user to run apt* commands. ... I've got this polkit: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)