Re: broken HD (sector 0)
- From: Rob Owens <rowens@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:10:29 -0400
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:51:54AM -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
Jesus arteche wrote:
I have a hard disk broken, it doesnt boot and if i put it as a slave
gives me a lot of errors. It has several partitions (ext3, fat32 ntfs)
i'd like to recovery some data from it. Someone knows how can I do it?
Install testdisk from your repos and at the command line run "testdisk".
testdisk also comes with a nice utility called photorec. It was originally for recovering image files, but it also recognizes txt, pdf, various MS formats, etc.
Try it if testdisk doesn't get you what you want.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: How do I setup wireless network (READ THE DOCUMENTATION or be more specific with your questions) [Solved]
- Next by Date: Re: How to create"official" off-line repository
- Previous by thread: Re: broken HD (sector 0)
- Next by thread: Boot from 2.6.26-2-686 fails - unable to find root device