Re: Musings on debian-user list

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 11:09 -0700, Mark wrote:
Good point, maybe I'm in the minority of Debian users as I'm not a
programmer. Anywho, I'm just trying to make the Linux desktop
environment as comfortable for my friends as possible, and they've
already used my Clearlooks desktop so I try and keep their setup the
same.

When I feel adventurous one weekend I'll try a Debian install without
the desktop environment. I think this email list is filled with
people very comfortable using no desktop environment, but for those of
us raised on Windoze it takes some time to transition over. :)

Mark

I always prefer a gui, a picture is worth a 1000 words. But I do detest
GUI configuration tools. I use a term and nano/vim to edit the
configuration files. Oh, and I use gnome w/compiz, run only the "top"
panel, delete the bottom one and run awn.

SNIP

--
Damon Chesser <damon@xxxxxxxxxx>