Re: Musings on debian-user list

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 11:09 -0700, Mark wrote:
Good point, maybe I'm in the minority of Debian users as I'm not a
programmer. Anywho, I'm just trying to make the Linux desktop
environment as comfortable for my friends as possible, and they've
already used my Clearlooks desktop so I try and keep their setup the
same.

When I feel adventurous one weekend I'll try a Debian install without
the desktop environment. I think this email list is filled with
people very comfortable using no desktop environment, but for those of
us raised on Windoze it takes some time to transition over. :)

Mark

I always prefer a gui, a picture is worth a 1000 words. But I do detest
GUI configuration tools. I use a term and nano/vim to edit the
configuration files. Oh, and I use gnome w/compiz, run only the "top"
panel, delete the bottom one and run awn.

SNIP

--
Damon Chesser <damon@xxxxxxxxxx>

  • Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: export question
    ... I am sorry that you think I was arguing with you. ... environment, but you did not explain why export was not working. ... Export should allow me to use the variable in other scripts, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • GNOME faint printing problem.