Re: Musings on debian-user list

Mark wrote:
When I feel adventurous one weekend I'll try a Debian install without the
desktop environment. I think this email list is filled with people very
comfortable using no desktop environment, but for those of us raised on
Windoze it takes some time to transition over.

Note that "no desktop environment" does not mean "no GUIs". The X Window
System is much older than Gnome and KDE (it is also older than Linux).
--
John Hasler

  • Re: How to start an user program automatically after logging on.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Musings on debian-user list
    ... Mark wrote: ... people very comfortable using no desktop environment, ... Cybe R. Wizard ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fastest linux distro
    ... depending on user skills and habits, a WM and shell may be all the ... "desktop environment" a user needs, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Musings on debian-user list
    ... When I feel adventurous one weekend I'll try a Debian install without the ... comfortable using no desktop environment, but for those of us raised on ... Mark, a GUI-less system is useless. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: From KDE back to Gnome (a subject to future newbie-doc site ?)