Re: Musings on debian-user list

On 28 Jul 2009, John Hasler wrote:
Mark wrote:
When I feel adventurous one weekend I'll try a Debian install without the
desktop environment.

Ron Johnson writes:
But what will you *do* with it? Mutt will frustrate you to no end, and
the intarweb has become too graphics-oriented to make lynx/elinks widely
useful.

"No desktop environment" does not mean no graphics (nor does it mean no X).
There _is_ life outside CDE, KDE, and Gnome.
--
John Hasler

Quite agree about desktop environments. Surprised no one has mentioned
Icewm; I try other WMs from time to time but always come back to Icewm
with a sense of relief.

Incidentally, the same comments apply to mutt. What's wrong with it?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and sceptical articles)