Re: Musings on debian-user list

On Wed, Jul 29 2009, Ron Johnson wrote:

Is there a way in fvwm to have a panel/dock with applets (weather,
volume, date/time and "window list" are really useful to me) and have
look like Windows 2000 (aka Crux theme and borders, and GNOME-like
icons)?

You can certainly have panels, but I have no idea what windows
2000 looks like. You can have narrow ribbons on top or bottom, for
sure.

Look at redmondXP at:
http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/screenshots/

Is that close to what you want? They also have a redmond98.

manoj
--
Take care to be an economist in prosperity; there is no fear of your not
being one in adversity. -- Zimmerman

  • Re: Desktop user: Etch or the next testing?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: basic
    ... But with all the incoherences in the tools and the os, I feel sometime like I am working on Windows. ... To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx " ... "This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient ... any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: goddammit
    ... Are you a Linux user or a person migrating from Windows? ... There doesn't seem to be any one that will play them all, or, failing that, convert to a format that will play on what I have. ... I can't say that it's not entertaining, but I need a complete operating system and not some ill-fitting patches. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Ubuntu vs. Debian (was Re: Introduction)