Re: Network concerns and configuration draft 4
- From: John Haggerty <bouncyinc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 00:30:11 -0600
I would ask would a static ip really be able to allow the machines to reach
the outer network?
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Cousin Stanley
Ok so here is the issue I have a desire to run my own linux server
as an rt box and to do wiki web serving plus email.
I run off of a qwest dsl setup that is feeding 4 computers that are
all getting internet ....
6. I am looking for the best option for the money I like cheap
and I like something that gives all comps access but allows me
my file serving
I'm also a qwest dsl user and did a fair amount of net searching
several months back looking for a similar solution ....
The best I remember now from those searches at the time
is that the path of least resistance and headache might be
to pay qwest a few extra $$$ per month for a static ip ....
Personlly, I gave up on it and as yet haven't bought
any static ips from qwest ....
Stanley C. Kitching
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
- Prev by Date: Re: Reportbug not reporting bugs
- Next by Date: Re: Musings on debian-user list
- Previous by thread: Re: Network concerns and configuration draft 4
- Next by thread: Re: Network concerns and configuration draft 4