Re: Network concerns and configuration draft 4
- From: Cousin Stanley <cousinstanley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:15:10 +0000 (UTC)
....I would ask would a static ip really be able to allow
I run off of a qwest dsl setup that is feeding 4 computers
the machines to reach the outer network ?
In all honesty, I don't know as I haven't tried outside connections
through my qwest dsl with a static ip myself ....
I did fail to connect without a static ip using a dyn-dns setup
but am unsure if that failure was due to a lack of knowledge
and/or improper configuration/setup on my part ....
What I seem to remember from earlier Google-izing almost 2 years ago
is that other qwest users had a similar experience to mine and that
the solution of least resistance was a qwest static ip, although I
don't remember for sure if that was the only solution ....
A phone call to qwest technical support might provide
an answer ....
Stanley C. Kitching
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: U3 and other firmware USB thumbdrives
- Next by Date: can't get a terminal in icewm until after I start iceweasel
- Previous by thread: Re: Network concerns and configuration draft 4
- Next by thread: Re: Network concerns and configuration draft 4