Re: Musings on debian-user list

On 2009-07-30 15:35, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:54:33 -0500
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
GNOME really is too bulky and pretty dumbed-down, but they've done IMNSHO a good job of making an easily-configured panel and a "smooth" system that lets me customize it enough so that what I need is there, in colors and icon styles that are "obvious but not jarring". If that makes any sense.

And, of course, GTK-based apps integrate very well.
When's the last time you tried Xfce?

A long time, mainly because I've seen complaints about unfixed memory leaks.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer

  • Re: Musings on debian-user list
    ... IMNSHO a good job of making an easily-configured panel and a ... "smooth" system that lets me customize it enough so that what I need ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: May I have a document about manually preparing a Debian system?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: GNOME3 Ugh! Reverted to XFCE4
    ... as soon as I can customize some of the basics of the shell I'm ... I have several problems with gnome3. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 5.4 <-> 4.11-stable
    ... smooth and stable? ... Jack ... On 07 Aug Björn König wrote: ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Terminal with support for Indic characters
    ... Gnome users have to depend on KDE for a smooth ... I will try konsole and get back if I face any problems. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)