Re: HOWTO enhance Debian by removing HAL

* Dirk <noisyb@xxxxxxx> [2009 Aug 01 06:06 -0500]:
Hello,

i would like to start a thread where everyone posts his solution for
removing HAL or says why "nanny-features" like HAL shouldn't be enforced
in Linux.

Disable HAL in Xorg on Debian / Ubuntu

http://www.larsen-b.com/Article/341.html

To be complete you should also disable and remove udev.

I wonder why people who need "nanny-features" like HAL refuse to just
use windows instead.

A new month, a new troll?

- Nate >>

  • Re: [opensuse] Why are there not more using Linux?
    (SuSE)
  • Re: HOWTO enhance Debian by removing HAL
    ... I wonder why people who need "nanny-features" like HAL refuse to just ... unlike the proprietary system he suggests some of us should use. ... Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: http://n0nb.us/index.html ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: htaccess woes
    ... Apologies - I am VERY new to Linux and am learning ... > Make sure your file .htaccess got the correct access rights. ... > to protect the phpMyAdmin folder with .htaccess. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Fwd: Scanners
    ... HPLIP drivers, but there many others that ... under Linux: be sure that your exact model is detected and works fine ... Debian support. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: criminal use of linux
    ... be the only way to protect linux users from themselves. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)