[ANNOUNCE] apt-offline 0.9.0 released
- From: Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:07:16 +0530
Dear Debian Users,
I'm pleased to announce the new and first release for apt-offline, at version
(apt-offline was previously named pypt-offline)
apt-offline is an Offline APT Package Manager for APT based systems, i.e. mostly
Debian and Debian derived distributions.
apt-offline can fully update/upgrade your disconnected Debian box without the
need of connecting it to the network.
* It works by generating a signature of the disconnected box.
* You carry the signature to a net connected box running anything
* apt-offline downloads all data as per the signature. This includes apt
database, packages, bug reports. The data can be bundled to a single file to
carry it easily on a USB stick
* The bundle file is all that is needed on the disconnected Debian box. Apt on
this box will feel like everything was downloaded the traditional (apt-get
While I'm working toward getting it packaged and included into Debian, I am
looking for users who could test and provide feedback. I'm more keen on
feedback on the interface and options/arguments you'd like to see.
apt-offline is currently being tailored at  and the 0.9.0 release is
available for testing at 
PS: If possible, please CC me when replying. I'm not religiously following the
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com
"Necessity is the mother of invention."
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
- Prev by Date: Re: Debian Lenny install failing on Dell Latitude CPi A366ST during hardware detect phase
- Next by Date: Re: contacts via LDAP
- Previous by thread: IPMI email notifications and security
- Next by thread: Installing KDE4