Re: HP DL180 G6 with Debian Lenny

[ Please try to turn off the HTML part. ]

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 15:14:29 +0200, Richard Pijnenburg wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to install Debian Lenny on a HP DL180 G6 server.

This server seems to have an Intel network card which needs the e1000
driver.

But for some reason it's not recognized because using the netinstaller it
asks what kind of network card is in the server.

I see that the e1000 driver is in the list but it does nothing with it.

Could it be that the bundled e1000 driver in the netinstaller is to old?

It would help to know the PCI vendor and device IDs of the network card.
Does the installer let you switch to a terminal with CTRL + ALT + F2 (or
another function key)? In that case you can try to run "lspci -nn" and
find the line(s) of the ethernet controller(s). The relevant information
will be (almost) at the end of the line(s); it consists of two
four-digit hexadecimal numbers that are separated by a colon and
enclosed in square brackets (an example: "[10ec:8139]").

You could also try one of Kenshi Muto's customized Lenny installer
images, they have newer kernels: http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

Florian |

  • Re: HP DL180 G6 with Debian Lenny
    ... I'm trying to install Debian Lenny on a HP DL180 G6 server. ... This server seems to have an Intel network card which needs the e1000 ... I see that the e1000 driver is in the list but it does nothing with it. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • HP DL180 G6 with Debian Lenny
    ... I'm trying to install Debian Lenny on a HP DL180 G6 server. ... This server seems to have an Intel network card which needs the e1000 ... I see that the e1000 driver is in the list but it does nothing with it. ... Kind regards, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: SP3a problem
    ... The reason: driver of network card did not worked ... > using VMWare or something like Virtual Server? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • new server setup questions
    ... I'm trying to setup a new server, and I'm having some problems mostly with the ... (machine specs follow) ... I can't get a driver to work for the ... integrated network card. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: 2008 SBS no longer boots
    ... Intel raid card for Server 2003. ... install with one raid driver, or with the other raid driver. ... Any thermal issues and a lot of other hardware problems should show up ... other customer, even a 2 week old one, the problem immediately returned. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)