Re: Is there any security risk using p2p client ?

On 2009-08-15 14:44, Hashimoto wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to know if there's any security risk using a p2p client like rtorrent ?

Well... you're downloading unknown content from strangers.

Since you'll also be uploading content, someone *might* be able to hack into your system using a vulnerability in rtorrent or a bug in the network stack.

But I would only be minimally worried.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer

  • Re: bittorrent client with server/client relationship
    ... rTorrent is excellent. ... If you are interested in a bittorrent 'client' with a web interface ... torrent-flux with some ajaxian modifications) which is what I have used ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: bittorrent client with server/client relationship
    ... rTorrent is excellent. ... If you are interested in a bittorrent 'client' with a web interface ... I used on server mldonkey-server and on a client mldonkey-gui (for ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: bittorrent client with server/client relationship
    ... the backend from another computer? ... rTorrent is excellent. ... It's still a client, but you can leave it running ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Torrent client for CL
    ... Chris Brotherton wrote: ... Originally my favorite was bittorrent command line client ... but recently I started using rtorrent and simply love it so far. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Torrent client for CL
    ... client for CL ... I like rtorrent. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)