problem installing Lenny

Hi there,

Since I was unable to recompile my old kernel 2.6.20 under Debian Sarge,
I decided to install Lenny. Unable to find a way to just upgrade (there
has been Etch in between), I just saved directories and installed from
the iso image

debian-502a-i386-netinst.iso

I choose somewhat automated install. I left partitions like they were
under Sarge, or, if I did change something at that point, I can't
exactly remember what. I must say that the partitioning menu seemed very
confusing, but I admit that I knew very little about my raid1 system.

In any case, the Lenny install that I now get, shows defaults.
mdadm monitoring keeps sending mails at each boot :

'A degradated event has been detected on md device /dev/md0
P.S. The /proc/mdstat file currently contains the following :

Personalities: [raid 1]

md1: active raid 1 sda2[0] sdb2[1]
67874550 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md0: active raid 1 sda1[0]
497856 blocks [2/1] [U_]

unused devices : none
'

a 'df' does confirms the diagnostic above : if md1 is OK with two
mirrored partitions sda2 and sdb2, md0 only has sda1, while there was
sda1 and sdb1 on my former Sarge system.

Ever since I detected such anomaly, I re-installed once more, but I must
have missed something on the partitioning menu, and I have not found
what I should change there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

    ... > I ran the Sarge install to make a dual boot system yesterday. ... > I don't know much about Bios but this struck me as odd, ... > You could also remove the old apache package later on. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problems with debian install
    ... >>to install debian on a number of machines in a computer ... For Sarge, the number of CDs will be even larger once it is ... Set it up to get packages from a ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Software For Book Writing
    ... ram is sufficient". ... The above comparation between sarge and lenny was on the same beige G3 ... but the install manual usually has such ...
    (Debian-User)
  • /etc/apt/preferences problem - might cause problems when Sarge goes stable!
    ... Firestarter from unstable into my testing install of Sarge. ... A few moments ago I updated my sources.list in preparation for Sarge ... deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib non-free ... were listed fine under Installed Packages. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Cant find libselinux1
    ... I finally just loaded stock sarge (I couldn't even get ... sarge to work in expert install mode so that I could disable pcmcia and ... filesystems (the standard install doesn't let you reuse your old ... apt-get to fetch packages from the cdrom instead of from the ...
    (Debian-User)