Re: [semi-OT] How to echo \\ in dash
- From: Osamu Aoki <osamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:55:23 +0900
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 02:02:53PM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
I believe dash mimics the XSI column, whereas bash makes up it's own rules.
Again, the shell command "printf" is much more consistent.
In case of bash and dash, they both have printf as builtins. It is
quite predictable as external command /usr/bin/printf.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: avoid debian net installerto fetch security and volatile
- Next by Date: Re: avoid debian net installerto fetch security and volatile
- Previous by thread: Re: [semi-OT] How to echo \\ in dash
- Next by thread: FIXED: can't get a terminal in icewm until after I start iceweasel