Re: Reporting List Mail As SPAM

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Neal Hogan<nealhogan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith
Jr.<bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think someone is reporting valid list mail as SPAM.  I got notified today
that one of the mails I sent to the list was identified as SPAM.  The Return-
Path on the message was: <bounce-debian-
user=harvenahump=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; the Message-Id was munged; the
SpamCop URL is:
<http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?i=z4510524490z944ad5f71881aa403cc76c2f0dc142e7z>

How can I help prevent (or reduce the impact of) mis-reporting list mail as
SPAM?

FYI -- The above message was spammed by gmail (I know, I know . . .
another reason to hate gmail.) I suspect I get most of your posts. I
don't know why this one was marked as spam. Guess: "spam" was in the
subject.

It wasn't marked as spam here; neither was the reply.

Patrick

  • Re: What was SA thinking?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OT: Futility of munged addresses
    ... yourself) or is this a general observation? ... see all the mails flagged as spam that would have been rejected. ... I have many clients who pick their own ISP. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: ROUNSFELL UKGID
    ... These addresses are then sold to the companies who send out SPAM. ... One day I received over 2000 junk mails to that address and that went on ... The news group I had posted to was a Genealogy group! ... Munging an address by replacing ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Unerwuenschte Werbemails: Wir werden den Kampf verlieren
    ... Immer mehr, immer aggressiver, immer nerviger: Spam im Postfach kostet Zeit, Nerven und Geld. ... "Wir werden den Kampf gegen Spam verlieren", sagt Patrick Peterson vom Software-Unternehmen Ironport. ... Wahrscheinlich gerade deshalb zeigt die Kurve der verschickten Mails steil nach oben." ...
    (de.talk.tagesgeschehen)
  • Spam management and sa-learn
    ... which delivers mails to procmail and procmail calls spamc and finally ... I'm used to recollect spam messages in an archive named ... The problem with this setup is that I continue to get a *large* number ... it currently spamc does encapsulating in a message starting like this: ...
    (Debian-User)