jackd won't start in X
- From: tomdeb <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 07:09:18 +0100
I am trying to migrate away from pulseaudio and currently testing out
For some unknown weird reason jackd won't start if I launch it via an
X terminal. I get the following:
~ > /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -r48000 -p1024
JACK is running in realtime mode, but you are not allowed to use
Please check your /etc/security/limits.conf for the following lines
and correct/add them:
@audio - rtprio 100
@audio - nice -10
After applying these changes, please re-login in order for them to
You don't appear to have a sane system configuration. It is very
likely that you
encounter xruns. Please apply all the above mentioned changes and
start jack again!
 8509 exit 255 /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -r48000 -p1024
These settings are set correctly in /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf
and I am member of the audio group.
But it works if I start it on tty1 or if I ssh@localhost.
Any clue/help will be much appreciated.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: On boot - firewall warning.......
- Next by Date: Re: apt-get error message seems contradictory
- Previous by thread: On boot - firewall warning.......
- Next by thread: Re: jackd won't start in X