Re: Inquiry:Can I make use of external memory stick for Debian installation ?

hadi motamedi wrote:
Dear All
Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I make use of the external memory stick for Debian installation ? Please be informed that my server doesn't come with internal CDROM drive so I need to make use of the external memory stick for this purpose . I have downloaded the *.iso files and so I need to find a way for writing to external USB memory stick and try to install right from there . I will change the BIOS settings to boot from the external devices then .
Thank you in advance
Regards
H.Motamedi
You don't specify any architecture, but assuming an i386, then http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch02s04.html.en#id2705174 should give you enough info to get a good start on doing what you wanted.

If the architecture is different, then go to http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual and select the architecture type you want. Then it will be section 2.4.3 of the Installation manual.

Good luck.

AG

  • Re: Inquiry:Can I make use of external memory stick for Debian installation ?
    ... Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I make use of the external memory stick for Debian installation? ... Please be informed that my server doesn't come with internal CDROM drive so I need to make use of the external memory stick for this purpose. ... If the architecture is different, then go to http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual and select the architecture type you want. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Debian and Unicode line drawing
    ... Debian and Unicode line drawing ... architecture is i386 or amd64, ... installation. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Instalation and kernel headers
    ... First Installation: checking all kernels... ... Then I check my kernel, and I see that my installation has ... and I got an error because the wrong architecture. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: von Neumann like microcontroller
    ... Any microcontroller that can use external memory can do that --- just wire the memory chip control lines accordingly. ... Not to mention that some micros actually *are* von-Neumann architectures to begin with. ... What generally can't be done is to make a von-Neumann architecture CPU behave like a Harvard one. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Instalation and kernel headers
    ... I am trying to install Virtualbox, and after several times with the ... First Installation: checking all kernels... ... I got an error because the wrong architecture. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)