sharing an ipp printer with a mac client

I'm using cups 1.4.0 from debian sid and I have a deskjet printer
connected via USB. This printer is shared (ticked "Share printers
connected to this system" and "Allow printing from the Internet" in
the web gui) and should be visible.
I can print from linux clients. Configuring the printer on linux
clients is as easy as creating a client.config file in /etc/cups with:
ServerName nameofmyserver
I don't even install cups on the clients, package cups-client is
enough. I don't used a wizards in linux clients.

Anyway some time ago I managed to configure the printer on my wife's
mac. This expansive laptop is connected wirelessly (same as the linux
clients) via a router. Mac osx was able to detect the printer with the
protocol (IPP) and server address. Now it can't and upgrading cups to
1.4.0 broke printing from it with the old printer profile. I can print
in mac console specifying host address with:
lp -h 192.168.0.1:631 test.txt
but the damn wizard won't detect the printer.
Any hints?

Thanks
--
Leonardo Canducci

  • Re: CUPS, Sarge/Debian/GNU/Linux and Mac OS X
    ... Is there anyone out there who has Mac running OSX sharing a printer attached ... I've tried this on a G4 here running OSX 10.2 and on a clients pb ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sharing an ipp printer with a mac client
    ... I can print from linux clients. ... I don't used a wizards in linux clients. ... Mac osx was able to detect the printer with the ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: AD-like environment under Linux
    ... like the roaming profile, - that a user sits to any computer, and can ... Linux clients? ... Windows clients? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: DHCP Mac address
    ... On Monday, 13.12.2004 at 21:16 +0800, Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote: ... >> And those clients be authenticated by there MAC addresses? ... MAC address can be changed in software! ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: cifs mounting by non-root user
    ... The windows and Mac clients ... But getting linux clients sorted is a rather more knotty issue. ... got the 'Using Samba' book and I shall plough on. ...
    (Debian-User)