Re: what if `alsactl init' doesn't configure sound?

Liviu Andronic wrote:

Dear all
I've just migrated from kernel 2.6.26 to 2.6.30, and I am unable to
configure sound. The issue seems similar to the one I had initially in
2.6.26, but in the newest testing kernel `alasactl init' no longer
solves the issue. The switches Master and PCM are not muted. What else
could I try?
Thank you
Liviu

Check if modules are in place and check /proc/asound

cat /proc/asound/devices
cat /proc/asound/cards

what's the sound card and what's the board model

regards

  • Re: how to start the sound system
    ... Sarge might be too old to support your hardware. ... The only difference is that i have the kernel 2.6.19rc2. ... Maybe it is better to try getting the sound ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: how to start the sound system
    ... Sarge might be too old to support your hardware. ... The only difference is that i have the kernel 2.6.19rc2. ... Maybe it is better to try getting the sound ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: upgrade to testing (Gnome): audio playback borked
    ... (e.g. pulseaudio, jackd, esd) ... kernel issue since sound actually works very well, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Poor Wine sound quality on Intel AC97 (T41 laptop)