Re: what if `alsactl init' doesn't configure sound?

Liviu Andronic wrote:

Dear all
I've just migrated from kernel 2.6.26 to 2.6.30, and I am unable to
configure sound. The issue seems similar to the one I had initially in
2.6.26, but in the newest testing kernel `alasactl init' no longer
solves the issue. The switches Master and PCM are not muted. What else
could I try?
Thank you
Liviu

Check if modules are in place and check /proc/asound

cat /proc/asound/devices
cat /proc/asound/cards

what's the sound card and what's the board model

regards

  • Re: how to start the sound system
    ... Sarge might be too old to support your hardware. ... The only difference is that i have the kernel 2.6.19rc2. ... Maybe it is better to try getting the sound ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: how to start the sound system
    ... Sarge might be too old to support your hardware. ... The only difference is that i have the kernel 2.6.19rc2. ... Maybe it is better to try getting the sound ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: upgrade to testing (Gnome): audio playback borked
    ... (e.g. pulseaudio, jackd, esd) ... kernel issue since sound actually works very well, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Ubuntu 9.1 and sound...
    ... if you use the old kernel to bootup,try to use the new kernel to bootup. ... sound in the beginning, that was corrected, and my sound and ... video was ... Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Poor Wine sound quality on Intel AC97 (T41 laptop)