Re: disabling the debian gui screensaver globally

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:30:03 +1200
Steven Jones <Steven.Jones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am running Debian machines under VMware ESX. I need to permanently
disable the screensaver for all users as it chews CPU....but I still
want the screen to lock after 10mins....and go blank...

How please?

I have no idea, but please start a new thread for new questions, and
don't reply to an existing one.

Celejar

  • Re: Ctrl-alt-del to restart window manager with xfce in wheezy? [CONCLUSION]
    ... The first started a screensaver. ... I ran "dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" and changed the "Use Control+Alt+Backspace to terminate the X server?" ... logging out or rebooting). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: logs out user unexpectedly
    ... log in and then walk away (being sure to disable any screensaver) ... got XF86KbdLightOnOff: line 70 of pc ... expected keysym, got XF86KbdBrightnessDown: line 71 of pc ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Lenny upgrade -- kcheckpass behavior change
    ... from the screensaver. ... On this system, I had set /etc/shadow to be permission 400, ... as recommended in a system hardening guide (don't recall now ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: X11 just froze, and /var/log/syslog (dmesg)s output seems to mean something
    ... host (uid 0) ... but 18:01:24 seems to be when I asked to restart gdm. ... but screensaver was still moving... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KDE Question
    ... Arthur Machlas wrote: ... losing a decent screensaver, gdm and powermanager not worth it. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...