Re: gpm buffer: CLI vs. X

On Monday 21 September 2009 14:32:06 Wayne Topa wrote:
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Monday 21 September 2009 12:06:39 Mike McClain wrote:
[H]ow can I
grab some text on the command line and paste it in X, or vise versa?

I believe xclip <http://sourceforge.net/projects/xclip/> can do this.
<http://elcasey.wordpress.com/2008/02/12/xclip-use-the-clipboard-from-the
- command-line/>

xclip in Squeeze seems to work from the CLI to X, not vice-versa.

Tried "xclip -o", I presume?
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))

  • Re: gpm buffer: CLI vs. X
    ... grab some text on the command line and paste it in X, or vise versa? ... I believe xclip can do this. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: gpm buffer: CLI vs. X
    ... grab some text on the command line and paste it in X, or vise versa? ... I believe xclip can do this. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: gpm buffer: CLI vs. X
    ... grab some text on the command line and paste it in X, or vise versa? ... I believe xclip can do this. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to copy non-ASCII file to clipboard (e.g. Image file)
    ... output from this command is put in file. ... further copy the snapped image file into clipboard, ... Try xclip, it reads from stdin and should allow you to do ... to copy the image to the clipboard. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: xclip
    ... As in: command | xclip ... Looked at xclip and xclipboard - ... I can't tell by the dependencies if this requires the X gui. ...
    (freebsd-questions)