Re: apt, aptitude: By default purge config of removed packages ?

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 04:24:27PM +0200, Michael <codejodler@xxxxxx> was heard to say:
,----[ /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00local ]
| // Aptitude should purge autoremoved packages
| Aptitude::Purge-Unused true;
`----

Many thanks !!

Still i wonder, why is this not installation default ... ?

Deleting user data automatically is impolite (<-- understatement).
Normally config files are small, and they can't be recovered by the
package system (whereas the rest of the package can just be
reinstalled), so aptitude leaves it to the user to decide when they
should be purged.

Daniel

  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: the new apt-get recommendation
    ... of my package installations history. ... In preparing to install a given package, what would alert me that my ... I read some other official documentation recommend aptitude. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: When you needed newer software than Sid/Backports provide...