need help with awk
- From: Guillaume CHARDIN <guillaume.chardin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:41:43 +0200
In a backup process of some xen virtual machine, i need to extract in
the config file some informations (in fact the disk line) .
The line look like this :
disk = [ file:/path/to/file,sda1,w ]
my goal is to isolate le `file` part to use it later. I'm a beginner
with sed/grep and i dont know it its possible to just extract the part
between two given regexp. With awk its possible to extract LINES from
a file with this syntax `awk "/firstFoundRegexp/,/secondRegexp/"`
this kind of behavior can be applied on one file ?
Thanks for you help.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: apt, aptitude: By default purge config of removed packages ?
- Next by Date: Re: need help with awk
- Previous by thread: Re: apt, aptitude: By default purge config of removed packages ?
- Next by thread: Re: need help with awk