When to expect a kernel commit in Debian stable's kernel?

Hi,

I'm quite new to Debian, and wondering how long it usually takes for a
kernel patch to go through unstable and testing to stable.

The particular commit I'm interested in is:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/5d1d221f596f

I believe the respective debian package is gspca-modules (I have
gspca-modules-2.6.26-2-686 version 2.6.26+01.00.20-6+lenny1)

The Ubuntu folks have added it some months ago:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2009-June/009816.html

Does the fact that they did it increase the chances of getting it into
Debian in any way? I guess it would be true the other way around.

I'm seeing a couple of 2.6.30 packages in the lenny repositories. Since
it was added to Ubuntu with their 2.6.28 kernel, can I expect the Debian
build (i.e. gspca-modules) of 2.6.30 to contain it?

The reference to Ubuntu is by no means intended as an offence; stability
is one of the reasons why I'm using Debian (stable) after all :)

  • Re: debian and ubuntu - answer from user not pretending to be guru
    ... are there situations where debian is preferable? ... are there situations where ubuntu is preferable (eg picking up newer ... Before people start criticising that preference, it it my preference, and, it is up to each individual, to choose the person's preference, for whatever reasons that person makes the choice. ... When we initially installed Debian 3.1 on that laptop, which was purchased with Windows XP installed, we had to use Mandriva to repartion it partitioning utility), then install Ubuntu on it, then unistall Ubuntu and install Debian, as the wireless network card had an interrupt conflict with the wired network card, and it was a problem that was automatically resolved with Ubuntu, whereas Debian simply would not work with it. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Sugestions for New Releases of Debian
    ... I have slowly got used to Ubuntu, being a Linuxer for the last two ... Ubuntu is a specific instance of the much more general Debian system, ... That software be developed to make a "Remaster" type backup on ... worth going to a virtual installation. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Linux & MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (nForce3 Ultra) questions...
    ... I will try Ubuntu, ... So be prepared to use Mandrake x86_64 ... go with MEPIS instead of Ubuntu, or maybe even just use Debian ... I should have asked Deb vs Rpm I guess? ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: how many users is enough?
    ... Without Debian there would be no successful Ubuntu, ... to install distro, and at that time I thought I was good with computers. ... dependencies on all major XFCE4 components. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sudo
    ... are there situations where debian is preferable? ... are there situations where ubuntu is preferable (eg picking up newer ... what's better for use on a server? ... With installing Ubuntu on that laptop, having a 10GB partition free, I finally decided to install Ubuntu into that partition, and, installed 8.10, as the latest Ubuntu version. ...
    (Debian-User)