Re: Upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze: X failed.

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:24:02 -0500
Chris <racerx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings and happy weekend folks,

I previously tried upgrading from Lenny to squeeze:

1. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to reflect squeeze

2. aptitude update

3. aptitude install apt dpkg aptitude

4. aptitude full-upgrade

The upgrade seemed to go well however, on reboot it failed to go into
X. The suspected video culprit is nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400 GS
(rev a1).

I have since reinstalled but would still prefer Squeeze. I would
appreciate and advice on how to proceed. I do apologize for the lack
of log entries and the vagueness of the question.

Nix this thread - this upgrade went just fine.

--
Best regards,

Chris

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

  • Re: Updrading or reinstalling?
    ... Is it better to upgrade debian using dist-upgrade or just download the new iso and reinstalling it?? ... One box upgraded Lenny to Squeeze, ... subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: upgrading squeeze/sid to stable
    ... aptitude upgrade ... squeeze while it was testing. ... Before you do an update and before you do an upgrade or ... I don't know how old your "oldtesting" packages are. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ctrl+S in rtorrent in konsole suspends output instead of starting torrents
    ... is there some feature of aptitude I missed? ... Try running checkrestart after an upgrade, ... I get an ncurses interface which warns that some ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: when does one change from testing to stable in sources.list
    ... Then when squeeze goes stable ... till you know wheezy has come Stable and you are ready for the upgrade, ... Being unable to take your servers off-line. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Packages - whats the best way?