Re: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 08:58:36AM +0100, Tim Beauregard wrote:
green wrote:
Tim Beauregard wrote at 2009-10-10 14:27 -0500:
My choice is cdrdao, as it can identify burn-proof technology without
switches.

Surely wodim does too? And I don't see mention of 'burn-proof' in cdrdao(1)
(v1:1.2.2-16).

Yes wodim does, I'm not dissing wodim! Just when I'm in lazy mode,
can't be bothered to type the burnfree switch, I use cdrdao!

The wodim(1) manpage has this to say about the burnfree option:

This option is deprecated and is mentioned here for documentation
purposes only. The BURN-Free feature is enabled by default if the drive
supports it.

So it looks like wodim and cdrdao are the same in this regard.

Brian